Sunday, June 21, 2020

Last Week of School! Home Learning Week 14! We made it!

June 15-19 - Last Week of School!!!
This week was full of end of the school year activities for all four of us. I helped organize and decorate Shorecrest for our modified graduation days. It was so wonderful to see my student leaders again!  Each child had an end of the year class Zoom party. Their teachers worked hard to put together games, activities, and breakout rooms to give closure to the year. I had my end of the year staff Zoom and participated from the beach at Lake Wenatchee which was pretty cool. The highlight was our “staff superlatives” slideshow which was hilarious. My grades are done, I’ve said goodbye and thank you to my students for the year. Who knows what lies ahead for next year. This summer, I will continue to work with ASB officers and SC admin team to plan for next year. Edison had his Fifth Grade graduation on Wednesday night via Zoom. It was wonderful to see the slideshow of the kids and how they’ve grown over the years and also great to hear video messages and farewells from the staff. We saw Nana Tuesday and then headed to the cabin to work in the mornings and play in the afternoons since the weather was so nice this week. We ended up getting in a river rafting trip on the Lower Wenatchee as I had a friend driving through the area who met up with us for the afternoon. I was proud of myself for managing the trip from gear to guiding and more gearwork. It was a lot of work, but worth it - we all had a blast! On Thursday we played at Lake Wenatchee on an 80 degree day with no wind at the beach. It was perfect and the kids liked the new innertubes I got for them and the Sportbrella system ended up working great for shade and was much easier than a tent. So that was awesome, too! Friday was full of final assignments, end of year tests, picking up packets and certificates and yearbooks at each school. More importantly, at Reed’s urging, we rewarded our last day of school with Swirl Frozen Yogurt. We celebrated the last day with an afternoon visit to the Birgfeld’s house. After Reed and Charlotte left to meet Eben for the weekend, I took Edison to an end of the year party with his friends at Eli’s house. Tahiroh had done an amazing job setting up a photo backdrop, making goody bags, and hosting the pool party for the boys. I am so glad Edison got to wrap up his elementary school years with a fun celebration with his best friends. The look on his face when we found out he got to go was priceless and so fun to see him with his buddies again. 









































No comments: