Sunday, August 23, 2026

Cabin Farewell Weekend

Thank you to everyone who was able to join us for a big farewell weekend at the cabin. Friday night was a small crew of my kids and their friends and we had a solid bunch of mafia games around the fire. On Saturday, we had about 25 of us float the river and have a big BBQ and campfire afterwards. (aka BARF: Big Ass River Float).The cabin was full of good energy, good people, and lots of food! People shared their favorite memories of the cabin and cabin-related things like skiing Stevens with the kids. I got good hugs. I truly felt so loved and supported. If you have ever been able to come out here, you know that the cabin is a healing place and I’ve just felt that so much through how it has brought joy to myself, my family and my friends.
I loved that Edison’s friends came out, drove up to Sugarloaf for sunset, and stayed until Sunday afternoon playing in the river and watching Spain win the World Cup. It was like we were doing all of our favorite things one last time. We even got shakes at the 59er Diner on our way out. However, I think we will be coming back to this valley for years to come, just not to this cabin.
The new owners are a great family who plan to use it much like we did which makes me feel really comforted to know.




































No comments: