Edison turned 18! We got to have a nice celebration for him with Nana at Uneeda Burger followed by birthday cake at home. He was pretty excited to get a new iPhone for his birthday. I cannot even believe what a thoughtful and capable young man he is becoming! We celebrated the Fourth of July with the Hass Family by staking out a good spot on the patio to hang out for the evening. It was fun having a base for the kids and they all came and went to grab food at various times. Reed and Kellen played like crazy, including an expedition to the Sheridan Beach Club and then a swim back to the Civic Club. Charlotte watched the fireworks with Zuma from the Civic Club. Edison put his boat in the water (the one he has been fixing up all winter) and was able to go out on the lake with Mady and Chase and Ally for the fireworks. Reed, Charlotte and I went down to a Mariners game on the sunny Sunday after the Fourth. It is always such a good time - I think we are hooked! Meanwhile, summer swim meets continue and the kids are having a great season. I also went with Katie a few days before that! I guess I'm a big fan now!
On the weeks I don't have the kids with me but am in town, I have been able to put together some fun outings to Seattle - one night it was for a long walk on the waterfront that happened to coincide with World Cup games and the fans on the waterfront were extraordinary. I stopped at a restaurant to watch the USA match (they won) and became hooked on the World Cup this summer. Jess and I got into the art vibe on the First Thursday with a trip to the Asian Art Museum, followed by going over to the Seattle Art Museum, and then a walk through Pioneer Square's First Thursday Art Walk. We saw some incredible art and the people watching was delightful. We live in such a beautiful city and it is fun to take advantage of all that it has to offer! Our Book Club also had a fun social night at the Civic Club in July.


























No comments:
Post a Comment