Saturday, April 29, 2023

Spring Break 1: Washington, DC - Day 1! Monuments, African American History Museum, Air and Space Museum, Washington Monument

Washington, DC - Day 1! We flew into DCA late last night, staying at a spacious airbnb in Alexandria - fun to revisit where I used to live in my early 20s when I worked for the Missile Defense Agency and then went to GWU.
What a beautiful capitol we have! I love that it is so accessible!
I told the kids we weren’t doing a hiking trip… but we did 22,000+ steps today about 9 miles).
We got up early and saw the monuments before it got busy. Then we got tickets for the African American History Museum - which was incredible and SO FULL of detail and amazing artifacts. I could spend a week there.
After that we went to the National Air and Space Museum to check out all its awesomeness and took in a show at the Planetarium.
We finished up by going up 500' in the Washington Monument - something I've always wanted to do! It has been so fun to share all of this together.























































 

No comments: