Saturday, March 14, 2020

History Museum in Ellensburg / Snow & Coronavirus oh my!

The kids and I had to drive from the Tri-Cities to the cabin on Friday after the conference. We made it fun by stopping for lunch in Yakima and at the Kittatas County History Museum in Ellensburg. As a history teacher, I LOVE museums, but I was pleasantly surprised when the kids told me afterwards how much they enjoyed it. The museum was pretty cool and had a number of hands-on exhibits like this "fortune telling" machine and rotary phones with a working relay. The kids loved the phones - I had to give a tutorial on how to dial - and then they kept calling each other back and forth.








We got a late winter blast of snow Friday that resulted in this jack-knifed semi on Blewett Pass. We were lucky they already had assistance on the scene, everyone appeared okay, and we didn't get stuck too long.
The coronavirus pandemic is definitely at the forefront of everyone's minds these days. Schools are now closed at least through April 26 and the store shelves are empty! It is surreal.


No comments: