Saturday, May 4, 2024

Busy! Swim Meets, Lacrosse, Plant Sale, Lip Dub, Track...


Short version, we’ve been going and going since Wednesday. I’m ready to rest - when is it the weekend?! Weds: J Plant Sale and Lip Dub rehearsal; kids - all their activities. Thurs: J Arts Assembly; E track meet. Fri: E overnight to Pasco with the Shorecrest team for a track invitational; C watched high school lacrosse. Sat: R swim meet and Kellan’s sleepover birthday; C lacrosse game & swim meet; E track meet; J Kellogg auction. Sun: E&C swim meet; C lacrosse game; R spent
the day with Nana; J work event in evening.

While I take my kids to and from all their activities, I try to create joyful moments for myself when possible. This weekend I got to walk in three amazing places: in a lovely bit of woods out on the Eastside; at Chambers Bay Park on the water in University Place; and at the Seattle Arboretum. All of these spots were very close to lacrosse game locations or the swim meet and I used the All Trails app to find good walking routes. Spending time in nature is just what I needed to balance me out this weekend.













Edison and the throwers at the Pasco meet.















No comments: